- Increased horsepower
- Tuned and dyno-tested to improve acceleration and engine sound
- Low restriction aluminum tubing
- Easy to install using commonly available tools
- Air filter lasts up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is required (depending on driving conditions)
- Washable and reusable oil-free filter media
- AEM Lifetime Limited Warranty
AEM Performance Cold Air Intake Systems produce horsepower and torque gains by replacing your vehicle’s restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. This air intake system was designed, tuned and dyno-tested to fit specific Chevrolet Malibu models. Air enters the system through an oversized AEM Dryflow synthetic washable air filter for outstanding air flow, filtration and performance. The air filter is located in the original air box space and is protected by a heat shield which is designed to reduce intake air temperature and increase horsepower. The air intake tubing is constructed from mandrel-bent aluminum featuring a durable gunmetal gray powder coated finish. This air intake system was developed to accommodate the engine’s factory emissions control devices including the mass air sensor. The tapered cylinder shaped AEM Dryflow air filter is made from an oil-free, synthetic filter media that can be used for up to 100,000 miles before cleaning is needed (depending on driving conditions). This air intake system is easy to install with commonly available tools.